- Make sure when using gas or kerosene heaters or even stoves etc that the room is well ventilated, try opening a door or window so that fresh air can flow throughout the room, as these appliances can release carbon monoxide into the air.
- When using cleaning chemicals in the home, try to avoid using aerosols and opt for non toxic cleaners, also make sure you read the instructions on the bottle to make sure you use them in the appropriate way.
- If you have pets in your home, make sure to vacuum and clean regularly, especially in areas where your pets sleep etc. Bathe and groom your pets on a regular basis.
- Certain types of new furniture and soft furnishings contain formaldehyde and can release formaldehyde gas, try to ventilate the area. Hang your curtains and soft furnishings in a well ventilated space at first to air them out.
- If you're a smoker, try and smoke outside as the smoke from tobacco contains harmful chemicals.
- Areas that can be prone to mold and damp (such as basements) should be inspected regularly. Your home inspector can help you with this.
As always, we are here to help. Please don't hesitate to give us a call .