Fortunately, dryer fires can be prevented in many cases. Below is a list of items that can help limit and reduce the risk of a dryer fire in your home.
Questions? Contact me!
- Clean the lint trap - And this is something that would be best done for every load of laundry.
- Clean the inside of the dryer barrel as well - Many forget this area, but the lint trap won't collect everything.
- Check the gas connections if you have a gas dryer - Gas is a great thing to have for a dryer, but can be dangerous if left unchecked.
- Clean and check the vent hose regularly - This is the toughest area to clean and check, but possibly the most important.
- Clear the area - Keep the laundry are as clean and free of items as possible.